It takes a certain level of intention to be unplugged, to peel away from our screens, to pause the busyness of our day-to-day and devote ourselves to the slow and simple things, beauty often comes from the simplest things.Practicing a lifestyle of mindfulness, simplicity and thankfulness helps to remind us of all the beauty in our present life and keep us from piling meaningless things and activities into our routines.
The tropical storm after the Hurricane Irma hits the North of Georgia states and there has been a state of emergency resulting in me being indoors for two days, this whole thought process gave me a retrospective outlook on some important things in life.
Here is to five things I am loving right now being a minimalist
- Be more with less,through decluttering, and focusing on the best things instead of all the things.
- mindfulness, giving daily to your thoughts inspirations
- Bare faced-ness. Yes I love makeup, but lately I’ve been loving going makeup free more, and only ever wear it when I’m filming, shooting or going out to a special event. My skin has been doing a lot of breathing, and it feels great!
- Letting go of the things we can control, I have thought I had control of everything going on even as a believer of christ I am, but now I’m letting GO and letting GOD.
- Loving quotes and enjoying reading biographies. one of my favorite this month is by Bob Groff “Grace works that way. It’s a kind word from a gentle person with an impossible prayer. It’s a force sometimes transmitted best hand to hand in a dark place”